News Feed

In a significant development, the master plan for the Dadri-Noida-Ghaziabad Investment Region (DNGIR), often referred to as Noida 2.0, has outlined a unique "no relocation policy" for the current population residing within the area. As per a TOI report, this approach stands in contrast to conventional projects, as it aims to absorb the existing rural communities into the evolving industries and various sectors that will emerge within the region by the year 2041.

DNGIR, conceived as an extension of the National Capital Region (NCR) city, Noida, is a strategic response to the diminishing availability of space for accommodating industries. The master plan for 2041 envisions a transformative approach, with a primary focus on integrating abadi plots (residential areas) with the imminent development.

"We are committed to enhancing the overall quality of life in the region. The master plan offers a unique opportunity to create a multitude of job prospects, particularly for the local population, including farmers. The thrust will be on nurturing industries centered around food production," stated an official closely associated with the project.

As per the estimates provided in the master plan, the population of Noida 2 is anticipated to surge from 1.5 lakh in 2011 to a substantial 6.3 lakh by 2041. Remarkably, the plan proposes that at least 40% of this augmented population will find gainful employment in the industrial and service sectors.

Noida 2, spread over an expansive area of 20,911 hectares, will encompass 84 villages spanning Gautam Budh Nagar and Bulandshahr districts. A strategic allocation of land resources includes dedicating 40% of the land for industrial purposes and 17% for residential development.

The region's growth prospects are significantly bolstered by its close proximity to the Noida international airport, the Yamuna Expressway, and other pivotal infrastructure initiatives, including the logistics and multi-modal transport hub.

"Once fully developed, Noida 2 is expected to become home to approximately 6.5 lakh residents. A substantial 40% of this population is projected to contribute to the workforce within Noida 2, with 65% engaged in various industrial sectors and the remaining 35% in service-related fields," revealed the official.

Given that a considerable portion of the population will consist of industrial workers, there is a concurrent plan to construct affordable housing solutions to accommodate their needs.

The ambitious development of Noida 2 will unfold in five distinct phases. The first phase, slated to commence next year with the direct acquisition of 1,433 hectares, is anticipated to conclude by 2028. During this phase, the primary focus will be on fundamental infrastructure development, including arterial roads. Subsequent phases will be executed between late 2028 and 2047, encompassing both the northern and southern regions of the project. These phases are expected to give rise to commercial hubs, industrial zones alongside the eastern peripheral railway line, and the development of residential areas.